The photo gift card box is a long time favorite of Chicago brides. Here are the DIY instructions for any interested brides.
Estimated Cost and Supplies:
- $44 for 4 picture frames- 14 x 20 (or something close to that) with an 8 x 10 picture.
- $3 for fabric – 1 yard
- $2 for poster board
- $10 for lazy susan
- $20 base and supplies:1/4 to 1/2inch thick plywood base, 8 ft. of plastic
“L” shaped molding, staples, Velcro.
- A wood base
- Lots of staples and staple gun (heavy duty)
- Xtra thick poster board
- Duct tape
- Cut the plastic L shaped molding into 12 equal sizes. This will be used in the corners, base, and top of the box.
- Insert pictures in frames before assembling. Staple a bracket on the inside of 2 frames to create a corner, then the next frame until you have a square. I let the inside frame corners touch and created a indented outside corner rather than overlaping the frame edges.
- Cut the wood base the same size as the inside bottom edge of the assembled picture frames, so it will not be seen when you look at the disply.
- Insert the base into the bottom of the picture frame box and staple 4 plastic strips into where the bottom and frames meet.