Bridal Bootcamp kicks off on Monday, March 3rd. With 5 locations throughout Chicago, there is probably a bootcamp near you! The first class is a free trial sesson if you aren’t yet sure if you want to commit. I’ve heard really good things about these classes.
Picture of glamorous make-up palette!
The classes are now complete. Visit Sonia’s blog for information about her next event.
Well, I am experiencing a bit of sticker shock. I came back from the post office on my lunch break to find out that my invitations will cost me $.97 in postage. Considering that each of these babies has a hefty surcharge, I am a bit freaked out.
Many eye-straining hours later, we have a new montage.
I saw this idea five years ago from Martha Stewart. I didn’t have a groom but I knew that my wedding invitations would absolutely have to have a vintage stamps. Before we were engaged, I said that we had to get vintage stamps for the invitations.
My fiance understood. Well, sort of. I refuse to use regular stamps. I am actually the person that stands in line to order pretty stamps, even for my bills. Call me crazy, but it adds a little sunshine to my day.
Um, well, a lot of procrastination later and we are down to the 11th hour. The stamps needed to be ordered yesterday. Luckily, one of the Wedding Bees posted about Champion Stamp. My poor fiance and I have spent hours pouring over vintage and current stamps to find the absolute best montage.
Here is what we found. Please give me your opinions on the best collection. I really would appreciate it!
Indianapolis Games (My fiance is from Indy); Aging Together (nice thought, isn’t it?); silver coffeepot (I love it!); Grace Kelly (I love her!)
Vera Wang for $40? Come right in!
The New York Times wrote this fabulous article on trends in bridal wear. The article highlights many brides are shying away from traditional ballgowns for a more revealing look.
What are your thoughts?
Elizabeth Grace hosted an intimate party, Love for Sale, last night in their storefront. The owner, Laura, is truly wonderful at her work. Her extensive collection of invitations is astounding. What is so surprising in the number of beautiful styles she designs for her brides. The invitations vary from classic to classic with a modern twist to completely unique and edgy.
And a more modern example
The store also carries all of my favorite stationary lines– Snow & Graham, Vera Wang, and a variety of gorgeous couture cards. There also also very cute presents- everything from totes to Vosges chocolates. I bought my fiance’s Valentine’s gift there.
The event highlighted many other great Chicago vendors. A representative from Rick Aguilar Studios was available to take portraits for your sweetheart. Before the picture, complimentary make-up touch-ups were available by Darcy McGrath. Darcy, of Beauty and the Bride, did a stellar job. While I was getting glamorous, I was able to enjoy a performance by Stitely Entertainment and eat some treats from Calihan Catering.
If you are looking in the mood to look at something pretty, stop by Elizabeth Grace.
I’ve been tagged by Tara!
The rules? Copy this entire list of questions and change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag and pass it along to other blogging friends. Let’s see how well we can get to know one another!
1. What is your occupation? Day of Wedding Coordinator; Project Manager for a software company.
2. What color are your socks right now?Hot Pink argyle knee socks
3. What are you listening to right now?Absolute silence, my fiance is away for his bachelor party weekend.
4. What was the last thing that you ate?Asparagus
5. Can you drive a stick shift?Slightly
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Jazzberry Jam
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?My future father-in-law
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?Yes, I thought she was a very sweet person when we met.
9. Favorite drink?Vodka gimlet
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Absolutely none
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Never
12. Pets? None
13. Favorite food? Angel hair pasta al dente with olive oil and garlic
14. Last movie you watched? 27 Dresses
15. Favorite Day of the year? My Birthday!
16. What do you do to vent anger? Roll my eyes
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Cabbage Patch Kids
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Gosh, neither. In Fall, I’m missing Summer and in the Spring, I’m waiting for Winter to end because we really don’t get Spring in Chicago, do we?
19. Hugs or kisses? Both
20. What kind of pie? Key Lime. Banana Creme. Blueberry. Whatcha got?
21. Living arrangements? With my fiance in my tiny one bedroom condo
22. When was the last time you cried? When I heard a Pink Floyd song that reminded me of my older brother.
23. What is on the floor of your closet? Boots neatly lined up along with dirty clothes basket.
24. Favorite smell? Denton, my fiance.
25. What inspires you? The City, Magazines, Movies, Blogs
26. What are you afraid of? Child birth.
27. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheeseburgers
28. Favorite car? Porche Boxster
29. Favorite cat breed? Not a cat person.
30. Number of keys on your key ring? 5
31. How many years at your current job? 5 months
32. Favorite day of the week? Friday
33. How many states have you lived in? 3 + 2 countries
34. How many countries have you been to? 23, my passport will be filled after my honeymoon!