As I have stated in previous posts, DIY craftiness is not a skill of mine. However, I decided that if there was one task that I could handle, I could line envelopes! Here are the steps:
- I made a trip to Paper Source, picked out a paper that would compliment my cards as well as a glue stick.
- While the magazine suggested unassembling an envelope to create a template, I decided to trace the outside of the envelope and then cut 1/2 inch smaller all the way around. Being an avid recycler, I created my template out of an old postcard.
- I use the template to trace the envelope lining onto the sheet of paper.
- Then, I diligently cut out the paper.
- I smeared glue around the lid as well as a bit to the top and the bottom of the envelope.
- Once the lining was inside the envelope, I folded the envelope over to create a crease in the paper.
Ultimately, I am not going to be able to use my much cherished silhouette cards as my shower thank you cards.
Why not? More on that tomorrow…