Everyone has an opinion.
When I talk about my wedding plans, I’ve had people tell me that I’m soooo traditional. Other times, I have had people comment on how I’m so nontraditional.
And maybe I am reading too much into this, but I feel that the people that thing that I’m so non-traditional have only gone to cookie cutter weddings while the people that feel that I’m so traditional are my friends that are more much contemporary.
My Very Traditional Wedding
· We’re having a 1st Dance.
· We have a Head Table.
· We’re having a cake and doing a cake cutting.
· We’re getting married in a hotel.
My Very Non-Traditional Wedding
· We’re having an Anniversary Dance.
· We’re having an After Party.
· I’m walking myself down the aisle.
· There will be no Bouquet or Garter Toss.
· We are having a friend marry us.
Really though, I didn’t think about these things while wedding planning. I just went with the things that I wanted, regardless if it was considered avant garde or very traditional.