I posted about this back in May, but Vera Wang is doing a line for David’s Bridal. I’m not sure how I feel about this but the gowns do look delicious. For more photos, go to Coco Perez.
Tag: Budget Friendly Wedding
Vera Wang + David’s Bridal = Nirvana for Budget Brides
Top Wedding Trends for 2010
One Wed just posted the Top 10 wedding trends for 2010. Here is my take — and unsolicited opinions — on the trends
9. Bright Color, Black Backdrop I am so happy that white is becoming less common at weddings. I LOVE COLOR. I totally agree!
8. Earth-friendly “I Do’s” I wish that I had more couples embrace being green when it comes to wedding. It just isn’t happening yet.
7. GROOMed for Success I will happily report that about 75% of the grooms are involved at Honey Bee Weddings. It’s great and I’m all for it. Well, unless the couple wants me to settle a dispute. That is always a little uncomfortable.
6. Everything Old Is New Again Did you check out the real wedding from Martha and Julio? My dear readers adored it! I love everything retro and hope that brides keep embracing the past for new ideas.
5. Backyard Chic A barn was a top choice for Brides in 2009. It’s not as popular here in Chicago…but perhaps it will become more popular. There are some great local options.
4. Mix and Mingle I adore a cocktail hour reception. And if you are on a budget, a great way to cut costs is by having a cocktail reception. Or a brunch reception. I MUCH rather see a unique, chic wedding than another country club wedding where everything has to be done a certain way. Really. Your guests don’t need to have a soup, salad, entree, and dessert to be happy.
3. Return to Romance I love the idea… but haven’t seen it yet. I wonder is my 2010 brides will be rocking lace. I can’t wait!
2. Food You Can Eat Chicago Brides, you are so behind the times that very few of you embraced the foodie trend of the past few years. That said, you can serve something besides chicken. If you are on a budget, why not serve pasta? I rather have pasta than chicken any day of the week. I have an upcoming bride that is serving all of her favorite foods. There isn’t a vege to be seen. She’s a girl after my own heart!
1. iDo Skip it. An iPod doesn’t work but at small weddings. Nothing can compare to a professional wedding photographer. And getting your friends involved in your wedding planning? You’re asking for trouble!
- Ceremony décor
- Two dresses
- Late-night snack
- Personalized napkins
- Elaborate centerpieces
- Engraved Stationary/save-the-date cards
Ask the Bee: Budget Friendly
I would love to see some suggestions for a budget friendly beautiful wedding. Us girls without $50,000 budgets also want to have a beautiful day and who better to give ideas than a wedding planner.
What is the easiest way to save money? Well, that is an easy question for me to answer- cut something. Now, the hard part comes, what do you want to cut?
If you are going to make a cut, it should be on something that comes lower on the priority list. Therefore, you and your fiance need to sit down and come up with the three most important details to you. The two of you should also come up with things that don’t mean that much to you. Awhile ago, I posted a list of things that I did not want.
I can’t tell you what to skip because I don’t know you or your fiance. However, I can give you a list of some ideas.
- Videographer: If you want a video, then have one. If you aren’t dead set on it, skip it.
- Centerpieces: Having a non-floral centerpiece is going to save you money. There are plenty of other beautiful options.
- Save the Dates: Unless you are having a destination wedding, these are not only necessary, they are a total waste.
- Bridal Shoes: Buy a metallic shoe that you can re-wear again. They are often cheaper than shoes aimed at brides.
- Bridal Party: Large bridal parties require more money (personal flowers, transportation, bridal party gifts). While I wouldn’t recommend cutting siblings or best friends, do you really need to have your nine closest friends up at the alter?
- Transportation: While it is necessary to provide transportation for your bridal party to the ceremony and reception site, it is not necessary to blow the budget. There are many more reasonable options out there than expensive trolleys and stretch Hummer limos. No one is going to remember the transportation.
- Wedding Album: Buy the rights to your wedding photos and make your own album with one of the numerous online companies. I am actually doing this myself!
If you have a wedding related question, Ask the Bee.