- Share the wealth. One of my favorite charities is the Glass Slipper Project. The organization gives dresses to students that might not be able to afford to go Prom. The group REALLY needs shoes, jewelry, accessories, and unworn make-up. If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com or check out their website.
- Sell your wedding goodies. Once the wedding is over, sell all of your wedding goodies. I sold my card box, picture frames, vases, etc. Other brides might be willing to part with their veil or even their dress. It is a great way to make some money (who doesn’t need that these days!) as well as purge your home from the wedding madness. Here is a link to my post about Selling Your Dress. If you want to sell your wedding items, try Craig’s List or on the boards of Chicago Weddings.
- Don’t take all the free stuff if you don’t want it. At many bridal events (especially those awful expos), you are bombarded with wedding stuff. Flyers, free pencils, etc. Do you really want it? If not, politely decline. Since you are reading my blog, I am sure that you are internet savvy. Ask for a business card and get their information electronically.
I received an email from one of my favorite volunteers. Would you be able to help them out? Glass Slipper.
Honey Bee Weddings
We REALLY need your help.
While donations are still coming in, this first set-up brought to our attention that we dressed quite a few girls last year and our inventory for 2008 is in desperate need of quite a few items.
We are asking everyone to help us get out the word so that we can help make prom dreams come true for 1800 girls. We are in desperate need of:
- Dress SHOES (especially black shoes)
- Large Shopping bags
- Purses of all colors
- Plus size dresses (16 & up)
- Sparkly Jewelry
- Monetary Donations
- Garment Bags
Donations can be brought to Farren School, 5055 S. State during the week from 7:00am – 2:00pm or they can be brought at the second set-up, Saturday 29th from 9:00-5:00.Let’s make this another successful year!
Questions? Check out our website.