Along with living an eco-friendly lifestyle, I have recently joined the Green Wedding Alliance this past year. I am excited to say that I have taken a role with the organization as the Membership Committee Chair!
We are a group of professional wedding and event-related vendors helping clients in the Chicagoland area find environmentally friendly companies to work with. Our goal is to connect a growing community of environmentally and socially responsible event vendors with our customers that share the same views. We currently have over 50 member vendors and are continuing to grow. If you are looking for vendors for anything from rental & decor to gifts & favors, we would love to help supply you with the most eco-friendly products and services.
As the membership committee chair, I help with the application process of companies who wish to join our team! I get to connect with companies and venues that are interested in joining our team by helping them with our application process.
I’m so happy to be apart of this community and work alongside other eco-friendly companies!
The Green Wedding Alliance is hosting another, yes I said ANOTHER Recyclery event and YOU are invited!
The Great Wedding Recyclery
What:A garage sale for weddings!!
When: Sunday, November 3, 2019
Where: The Joinery
How to Attend:Purchase your ticket here and join the Facebook event to be on the lookout for updates!
How to Participate: Do you have your pictures and memories in a safe spot and are looking to get rid of some wedding items? Here is your chance. You can rent an 8 foot table for $45 or 2 tables for $70. Limited space is available. Sign up here.
|Photo by Caitlin Lisa Photography|
Here are just some of the ways we have committed to keeping our ecological footprint small:
- Actively participates in recycling and composting programs
- Supports local eco-friendly business such as The WasteShed and Healthy Soil Compost
Working with Responsible Vendors
- Connects our clients with vendors that share our commitment to sustainability
- Utilizes our membership of the Green Wedding Alliance
Keeping Green in the Office
- Moving towards being completely paperless
- Makes sure any paper that needs to be used is made of recycled materials
- Uses eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- Encourages the use of public transportation or riding bikes
- Trains employees to utilize environmental initiatives
The Green Wedding Alliance is a network of DJs, caterers, florists, venues, and other event vendors that strive to be as environmentally sustainable as possible through their eco-friendly business practices. We are so thrilled to be joining the 50+ other vendors who share our commitment to being environmentally responsible!